How To Take Legal Action For Medical Overdoses
A medication overdose due to neglect can happen to anyone: hospital patients, nursing home residents, anybody who takes prescription medications. There is no such thing as a “minor” overdose — countless people are made ill by overdoses, and a significant number are killed.
Medication Overdose Errors
Prescribed and administered correctly, medication saves and sustains lives. But an accidental overdose of a medication can have devastating and even fatal effects. At The Law Offices of Locklin & Coleman, PLLC, we represent people who have suffered due to a medication overdose caused by:
- Undertrained staff administering medications
- Illegible prescriptions
- Accidental switching of medications with another patient
- Missing schedule dosage time and giving double the amount later
- Mistakes on medication label
- Failure by health care worker to sign off on meds, resulting in double dosage
If you or a loved one has suffered due to a dosage error, we can help you seek compensation for your damages. A medication error can cause any number of effects — illness, severe allergic reactions, brain damage, disability and even death. We are here to help you and your family recover financially and physically. We will consider the multiple components of your case and seek compensation accordingly.
Find out more about: