Wrongful Death: We Help Families Recover
The Law Offices of Locklin & Coleman, PLLC, has helped many families deal with the tragic circumstances of losing a family member in a fatal accident. We understand that the profound grief of those families is compounded when the death was caused by someone’s negligence or intentional act.
Amid the mourning of a loved one, dealing with a wrongful death lawsuit stirs many mixed emotions. Our Manassas wrongful death attorneys assist the survivors with all aspects of this difficult, but necessary, action to see that the negligent party is held to justice and the heirs are provided a measure of economic security.
With more than 30 years of experience, we have helped clients secure negotiated settlements or wrongful death jury verdicts in a wide range of cases across Northern Virginia :
- Motor vehicle accidents, including auto, truck, bus, train, motorcycle or boating accidents resulting in the death of a driver, passenger or pedestrian
- Nursing home abuse and neglect, including diagnosis and treatment errors, medication errors, or neglect at a nursing home, group home or assisted living center
- Premises liability cases, including deaths from slip-and-fall accidents, apartment fires or home explosions, drownings, assaults, animal attacks or other mishaps enabled by a property owner’s disregard for safety
- Workplace accidents, including construction or industrial fatalities caused by defective machinery or the negligence of a third party
Timely Action Is Important in Virginia Wrongful Death Cases
A wrongful death claim in Virginia is subject to a statute of limitations. The Wrongful Death Act is specific about how a claim must be prepared and filed. Only a person designated as the representative of the estate can file a wrongful death claim. And evidence of negligence diminishes as time goes by. For these reasons, it is important to contact an experienced lawyer soon before letting too much time pass by.
The Law Offices of Locklin & Coleman, PLLC, can advise you on who can qualify as a beneficiary under Virginia law, and aggressively pursues the elements of damages as provided in the statute:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses prior to succumbing
- Replacement of the decedent’s income and benefits
- Damages for the survivors’ sorrow, mental anguish and solace
- Punitive damages in deaths caused by willful or wanton conduct
We are dedicated to maximizing compensation on behalf of clients, either negotiating for the full insurance policy limits or taking the matter to a jury if the insurance company won’t be reasonable.
Learn more about fatal accidents:
Contact Fatal Accident Lawyers in Fairfax, Virginia
The Law Offices of Locklin & Coleman, PLLC, takes on only as many cases as we feel we can handle while providing the highest level of personal attention and necessary resources. Call our Manassas office today at 866-719-4394 to arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced wrongful death lawyer. Our attorney fees are paid from any compensation we recover.